Jetblue Name Change Policy – JetBlue Airways is one of the most prominent American airlines. With high revenues in 2020 they are at a swooping 394 in the Fortune 500 list. Beyond that, they manage to rank seventh in North America in terms of passenger volume. Their headquarters are located in the Queens borough’s Long Island City district, and the company also has corporate offices in Florida and Utah.
For More detail on Jetblue Name Change Policy call to our expert at +1 866-952-7309
All you need to know about the policy:
JetBlue Name Change shouldn’t be a difficulty. All of your issues have been addressed by the JetBlue name change policy. You may quickly make the necessary changes to the name by using the elements described below. The airlines permit customers to change their tickets’ first and last names, but the changes must be made within the character limit, and you must also provide supporting evidence. For more details on the name-change policy, keep reading:
- Corrections must be made via the appropriate means.
- The JetBlue change of name form must be submitted with any necessary supporting documentation by the passenger.
- In accordance with JetBlue’s name-correction policy, customers may change the spelling of:
- first name
- second name
- family name
- nickname for a recognised name
- reversible names
- adjusting the format to match legal documents
- A middle or last name addition
- Legal modifications might result through adoption, divorce, or marriage.
- Bookings made via unauthorised websites will not be subject to the JetBlue name correction policy.
- The modifications to the passenger’s name must be made in advance in accordance with JetBlue’s policy on name changes.
- It’s possible that passengers using promotional tickets won’t be allowed to change their names. However, get in touch with officials to briefly explain the process before submitting the JetBlue change passenger name request form. Changes during a trip are permitted depending on the ticket the customer has.
How do you make changes?
There are a few procedures you must do if you need to change your name on your JetBlue account.
- On the JetBlue website, you must first log in to your account.
- To access your profile, you must first log in. The “My Profile” link may be found in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- You can change your name and other personal details from there.
- Make sure to click “Update” after you’ve made your changes to save them.
The rectified ticket is then sent to the passenger via mail.
You can also get the required changes made by calling 1-800-538-2583. Following your conversation, they will make all the necessary supply requests and provide a new invoice. Prior to departure, it is possible to get a name or surname change. Typically, a single letter can be used to fix the name altogether. You can travel with the same name regardless of any changes.
For More detail call to our expert at +1 866-952-7309
Name change request due to marriage:
To understand more about JetBlue’s name-change policy in the event of a marriage or divorce, read the following:
- Passengers must include supporting documentation with the JetBlue change of name form to make the necessary modifications to the name.
- A few of the situations in which the legislation can be changed are listed below:
- Errors in a passenger’s name can be fixed even while travelling. Contact the customer service staff for further details on the mid-trip change.
- According to the JetBlue name change marriage rule, a traveller who is changing their maiden name or family name after getting married may do so by providing all necessary supporting documentation, such as a marriage certificate or other official government document.
- The JetBlue name correction policy states that reservations booked through unauthorized sites are not subject to alteration.
- Passengers can communicate with the airlines in advance or utilise a waiver code to avoid paying the JetBlue name change fees.
For tickets booked via travel agents:
The JetBlue name correction policy enables customers to make the necessary changes to their name to correspond to the name on their passport or government-issued ID. According to the airline’s name policy, customers may change one or more letters in their name while keeping their gender and date of birth the same. Only if the modification does not compromise ownership and the original ticket form does not change will names be changed. Read through the following to get a better understanding of JetBlue’s name correction policy for travel agents:
- The JetBlue name correction policy will not apply to reservations made via illicit methods.
- Passengers must present official documentation, such as a passport, in order to change the name on their JetBlue ticket.
- The flights must be verified or run by JetBlue Airlines to submit a name correction request (B6/279).
- A person may update their name or the name of a fellow passenger once per ticket, per JetBlue’s name correction policy. Any requests for name changes in the future will only be granted if they are accompanied by supporting documentation that explains the change’s origin. The airline will charge a name change fee in such cases based on the price category and other factors.
- The airline will charge part of the airfare on some tickets as a JetBlue name change fee.
- According to JetBlue’s change policy, changing the gender or date of birth will incur fees.
- Due to scheduling issues, a modest change in the date of birth is allowed even if a name change is not requested. Each passenger is only allowed to change one thing. So, always consider contacting customer care to request a charge refund.
If you are curious about the JetBlue name change fee, you should read the following points as they provide insight into JetBlue Airlines’ name change prices.
- If a passenger is flying to the United States, the Caribbean, Mexico, or Central America, they must pay a change fee of USD 100.
- It costs USD 200 for all other routes, though. The name change fees vary depending on the price type, cabin/class, travel destination, and route you have selected. As a result, it differs from flight to flight.
Need more help?
Still, confused about Jetblue Name Change? Instead of beating behind the bush or reading the refund rules and regulations time and again, reach out to the experts to get your cancellation approved or refund processed as soon as possible.
Types of Requests Under Jetblue Name Change Policy
Under legal requirements, passengers may request a misspelling correction or edit. Let’s look at the different types of name changes or name corrections that JetBlue Airlines allows:
First Name/Last Name Change– According to JetBlue’s name change policy, passengers can request a name correction of up to three letters to their first, middle, or last name. In this case, the airline will change the name on the PNR.
Nickname to Legal Name Change– Passengers can change their nickname to the name on their passport or government-issued ID.
Inverted Name Change– If passengers entered their names incorrectly when booking their flight, they can ask a JetBlue airline representative to correct the error.
Adding the Middle Name– If middle names are added to the passport, they are required for travel. They must be presented in the correct order, according to JetBlue’s name change policy.
Adding the Last Name– The original surname must be preserved, but you may change it to match the customer’s name as it appears in their passport.
Frequently Asked Questions Related to JetBlue Airline Name Change Policy
How far in advance do I need to make a name change on my JetBlue ticket?
If you have a non-refundable reservation, you must change your name at least 3 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure time. And you also carry your government-issued identity proofs to change your name on your JetBlue Airlines ticket.
What if I purchased my JetBlue ticket through a third-party booking site?
If you purchased your JetBlue ticket through a third-party booking site, you should contact that site directly to inquire about their name change policy.
Can I transfer my JetBlue Airlines ticket to another person?
Yes, you can change the name on your JetBlue ticket and transfer it to someone else. However, there may be fees and restrictions. To transfer your JetBlue ticket to someone else, you will need to contact JetBlue’s customer support team to make the name change.