United Airlines Flight Change Policy – Don’t panic in case you are in a circumstance where you have to change your reserve tickets, as United Airlines offer adaptable ticket cancellation and modification guidelines. According to United Airlines Flight Change policy, you can change your existing flight reservation in several ways. These changes include asking for a refund, swapping to a different United flight that departs on the same day, at least the next three hours as your initial booking time, or modifying your reservation entirely. United Airlines charges a nominal fee depending on your ticket type and booking method. Let’s learn about this in detail.
Finding the perfect solution for an easy United flight change process is sometimes difficult. Many times, you are bound by time, for this quick step needs to be taken. Airfare Policy is one stop solution to easily change your flight time, destination to all your other queries. For More detail call to our expert at +1 866-952-7309
About United Airlines
United Airlines is an acclaimed service provider in the US aviation sector. Established in 1926, it is also one of the ancient carriers with headquarters at Willis Tower, Chicago. In addition to codeshare agreements consisting of more than 30 airlines, United Airlines is also an established member of the Star Alliance.
Furthermore, United Airlines is the world’s 3rd largest aviation organization in accordance with the number of destinations and fleet size. With over 800 aircraft in the fleet, the aircraft is proficient in covering a giant network of domestic and international destinations.
United Flight Change Process
United Airlines charges fees depending on the reason and time to cancel or change the flight itinerary. You may or may not need to pay it if you don’t fall in the same category.
- Browse the United Airlines official website
- Go to My reservation and find your tickets by entering your last name and credit card number.
- Else, you can log in with your itinerary details and check your booked tickets.
- Now you can click on the flight you need to make changes to.
- You should start with the check-in process for switching flights to an earlier flight. If you want to change your standby status and switch to the flight leaving within the next 3 hours, use your existing reservation.
- Select earlier flights if available and alter your status to standby. You have to pay a fee to the airlines only after you get on board. You can resume your existing booking if no earlier flight is available.
Flight Change Fees at United Airlines
According to United Airlines’ flight change policy, passengers need to pay $200 for any changes in the domestic flight type and $400 for international flight categories.
Only eligible flight ticket holders can make changes to their itinerary for free. Else if you have a restricted flight ticket, you will have to pay the charges. However, the same-day flight change option is available for restricted tickets at a reduced fee rate.
Please note: Flight tickets under the basic economy or economy category cannot redeem this offer. There is no or minimal charge for passengers holding Premier Platinum, Premier 1K, and MileagePlus Premier Gold membership. Here is what charges look like:
For More detail call to our expert at +1 866-952-7309
|Membership Type||Fees Levied|
|Premier platinum and Premier 1k||No fees levied|
|Premium Gold||No fees levied|
These charges apply if you fulfill the below criteria:
- Your ticket number begins with 016, and the flight is operated by United Airlines or United Express only.
- You can avail of the same-day changes benefits only within 24 hours of booking. However, you need to pay any fare difference if applicable.
- Same-day change fees can apply if a passenger gets a seat on a requested flight within 25 hours of booking.
- You need to make all changes at least 60 minutes before departure.
United Flight Change Fee Waived Policy:
Though United Airlines is particular about change fees, in an exceptional circumstance like below, you can avoid these charges:
- If you are bound to make alterations to your flight tickets due to severe illness or jury duty, then United Airlines allows you to request a refund for any charges paid while changing flight details.
Note: There are some required lists of documents you will need to submit while making a refund request.
How to Change the United Airlines Flight?
United Airlines travelers will have a handful of options to change their present booking without including any mistakes. Let’s study each situation to let you find a suitable option.
United Airlines Flight Change Online
Have a look at the web-based flight change process and alter the tour plan easily. Here are the steps –
- Reach out to the official website https://www.united.com/. Click on the ‘My Bookings’ option to carry on the online process.
- Next, you will have to put in the reservation reference number along with your last name to get the list of reservations.
- Now, choose the reservation you want to change prior to selecting the change button.
- Complete the procedure after paying the change fee.
- In the end, United Airlines will give you a new ticket booking through mail/SMS.
Kiosk/Ticket Booking Office United Airlines Flight Change
Travelers can also make necessary changes to their fight through a ticketing office. You can get a flight much before the time of the original flight. However, you’ll have to pay a change fee in case you didn’t buy the original ticket through United Airlines’ official website.
United Airlines Flight Change at the Airport
This is another well-established and dependable choice to change the United Airlines flight. Reach out to the airport together with your ticket, passport, and other necessary documents.
United Airlines Flight Change via Phone Call
Moreover, United Airlines travelers can also look for expert guidance from airline executives. They will request you for your account credentials to perform the process on your behalf.
Customer Helpdesk Number: +1 866-952-7309
FAQs on United Airlines Flight Change Policy
Ques 1) Can I modify the booking with United Airlines?
Ans: Yes. United Airlines passengers can modify their flight after reservation. The change policy of the airline implies various processes and highlights for the same procedure.
Ques 2) What are the different processes to change the United Airlines flight?
Ans 2) The USA-based airline permits you to change the flight details, through the official website, by reaching out at the airport, or by contacting the helpdesk number.
Ques 3) Explain United Airlines’ 24-hour change policy.
Ans 3) Under this policy, one can modify the booking within 24 hours after reservation free of cost. Keep in mind the departure date must be a minimum of a week away.
Ques 4) Are there any charges related to flight change?
Ans 4) Yes. United Airlines also charges an applicable fee if you own a limited ticket. However, the fee depends on the route and destination.
Need more help?
Still, confused about United Airlines Flight Change? Instead of beating behind the bush or reading the refund rules and regulations repeatedly, reach out to the experts to get your cancellation approved or refund processed as soon as possible.
People Also Search for Keywords