Volaris Airlines Name Change Policy – Did you mistakenly enter your name incorrectly on booking a Volaris ticket? If so, you will be relieved to know that Volaris Airlines has a very flexible name change policy. The airlines ensure that their customers face no discomfort during the complete name correction process.
For More detail call to our expert at +1 866-952-7309
Read More To Learn Everything About Volaris Name Change Policy And Other Rules And Regulations
Volaris Name Change Policy Guidelines
Passengers cannot avail the name change service if:
- They have booked the tickets using eGift certificates or electronic credits.
- They have already marked the flight segment as a no-show.
- The adult reservation needs to be altered to the reservation for a minor, an elderly passenger, or any other adult passenger.
Before Making A Name Change Request, You Should Go Through The Following Guidelines:
- Your name on the flight reservation must match the name on your passport or other official photo ID.
- You can change up to 4 characters on either your first name, middle name, or last name.
- You cannot transfer a flight ticket to another passenger.
- If you are not eligible for name correction service, you can claim a refund or rebook your ticket with the correct name.
- For correcting your name, you might need to pay a nominal fee and fare difference to the airlines, if any.
- Airlines cannot process all the change requests immediately. Therefore, you must request any changes before 24 hours of flight departure time.
- If you are flying with multiple airlines, you can only process the name change request with Volaris for Volaris segment flight tickets.
Additional Rules of Volaris Name Change Policy
Passengers can request a name change for each flight section for a non-refundable fee of $200. It will allow them to make any necessary adjustments and travel without fuss. However, only those passengers who purchased their tickets on Volaris.com or by calling the airline’s call center are eligible to use this service. Add to that –
- Volaris Airlines must be the operator of the flight ticket, and the ticket stock number must include 036 for making any name change.
- When there are more than one passenger in a particular booking and only one passenger needs name correction, then he/she should contact the airline’s support helpline number.
- If the booking class or ticket type is no longer available, passengers must pay the fare difference, airport fees, and surcharge.
- If you have a booking that is not eligible for name change online, you can access the revised fare charges through the Global Reservation Platform.
For More detail call to our expert at +1 866-952-7309
Volaris Airlines Name Change Request Types
- Marriage Name Correction Request
If there is a name update on your passport after the flight booking due to marriage or divorce, you can initiate a name change request. Volaris Airlines will reissue your ticket, and you need to pay the name change fee or fare difference, if applicable.
- Legal Name Correction Request
If there is any change in your name due to legal obligations, you can initiate the change request with supporting documents.
- Minor Name Correction Request
If there are any spelling errors in the last, middle, or first name, passengers can alter up to 4 characters only.
- Middle or Last Name Correction Request
You can request a change to eliminate or add a middle name to your ticket. If you have two last names, you can also request a name change with supporting legal documents only.
Volaris Name Correction Methods
- Name Change Online
Follow the below-mentioned steps to alter the name on your Volaris flight ticket online:
- Visit the official website, and go to the ‘manage booking’ section.
- Enter the booking reference number and passenger last name and click confirm button to open the booking details.
- After that, click ‘change’ to change the passenger’s name.
- Enter the accurate name (you can change up to 4 letters)
- Upload legal documents and pay the fee online.
- Save the changes
- Name Change Over the Call
The name change requests that are not eligible for online changes can be made via call. You can dial the Volaris helpline number to initiate the name change request.
Name Change Fees on Volaris Airlines Tickets
If you are making alterations within 24 hours of booking, airlines charge no fee. Otherwise, the following are the charges:
|Flight Departure Time||Online Change||Changes Over the Call||Change Request at the Airport|
|Less than 15 days||$250||$250||$300|
|More than 15 days||$300||$300||$350|
Along with the fees, airlines may levy fare differences, if any.
Required Documents for Name Correction/Change
Passengers must have the documents and submit them via the official email address. For the approval of the name change, you may need to attach the following document.
- Request for name change application form
- The old ticket whose name must be corrected with the ticket number
- New name with documentation proof
- Marriage and divorce papers, as well as adoption papers, are examples of legal documents.
- Other documentation to back up the request.
Can I Correct The Name On My Volaris Airlines Ticket?
Many passengers are distracted while filling out the details, and once the reservation is confirmed, they want to change those details. If the passengers are flying with Volaris Airlines, they can change their names. To understand the entire procedure, read the following:
- The process you are required to follow is mentioned below:
- Volaris Airlines’ official website can be found here.
- Go to the Manage Bookings option now.
- You must also enter the passenger’s last name and booking reference number.
- Your bookings will now be available. Navigate to the name-changing option and enter the correct name.
- Save the changes, then go to the payment section and pay $250 online.
- Finally, you will receive a confirmation message on your registered phone number and email address.
FAQs About Volaris Change Name
Q 1.) Is There A 24-Hour Policy For Name Correction?
Ans 1.) Passengers can cancel and rebook their flights for free within 24 hours of making the initial reservation. However, you might not be able to get the same ticket price again. Passengers can avoid such situations by contacting customer service and requesting that the Volaris Airlines name be corrected.
Q 2.) How can I change my name on my Volaris Airline Booking?
Ans 2.) When making a reservation, a typographical error may occur. The instructions for the various options available to passengers are provided below. On your Volaris Airlines reservation, you can change your name. Volaris Airlines provides free information updates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. After that, passengers must pay a fee. Examine the specifics to resolve the problem and manage your reservation.
Q 3.) What is the minor name correction on the Volaris Airlines ticket?
Ans 3.) When a change is made to correct a spelling error or typo and ensure that the name matches a government-issued ID, it is typically referred to as a “name correction” or “minor name correction” rather than a name change.
Need More Help?
Still, confused about Volaris Airlines Name Change? Instead of beating behind the bush or reading the refund rules and regulations time and again, reach out to the experts to get your cancellation approved or refund processed as soon as possible.